Sponsors

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kedai Makan Dan Minuman Foh Chuan, Beaufort

My job in the sales line gave me the opportunity to travel around and try the good food around Sabah. On Thursday, 7 May 2009, while covering Sipitang and Beaufort, I stopped by the well known Foh Chuan in Beaufort for my lunch.

I believe many of us heard of many Foh Chuan in Kota Kinabalu. The are situated just below the Beaufort Hakka Association behind the primary school.





They serve the most popular Beaufort Fried Noodle. However, my appetite today is to have rice which they are popular in various simple but delicious dishes as well.



The first I ordered was the fried "choy sum" with pork. This is a very popular dish not only in Beaufort Foh Chuan, but the one in Kota Kinabalu as well. It looks simple home dishes but the taste is something different.


The next is friend egg with "char siew". By its look, I believe not many people can fry into its texture. All the "char siew" is covered inside the egg. The edge is crispy when you eat it hot. Both are simple dishes, but the taste is a bit different from home cooked; and make them one of the most popular dishes in Beaufort.

For a good simple lucnch in Beaufort, Foh Chuan is a good choice to consider.

However, due to the busy crowd, the place is not very tidy. Sometime you can find tissue paper on the floor. I don't mind as long as I can get a good affordable lunch.


My next trip to Beaufort I will order the most popular Beaufort Fried Noodle and let you all see the picture.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors