Sponsors

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Confusing Menu















After touching down from Labuan, my friends and I went to a popular restaurant to have our lunch. Looking at the menu, I can't find one of the popular dish in the menu...the Steamed Fish Head in Black Bean Sauce. Then I asked one of my friend and she pointed out at the Chinese Characters which does not translate to what I wanted. As I cannot read Chinese, she double checked by reading out the Chinese Characters to me and suprisingly it's the dish I wanted to order which the English name wrongly transalated to "Black Pepper Steam Fish Head". hmmm.....

After we thoroughly studied the menu, we found more wrongly translated dish names. See if you can regconise it:
I don't have a good English either, however wrong translation here is too much. If will be very dangerous for a person who cannot read Chinese to dine here as the chances of ordering the wrong food is very high. I believe it is very important to get the menu right for all the customers both Chinese educated and English educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors